Monday, February 18, 2013



Lisa likes to write dark and twisted tales of magic and romance. She has a passion for Young Adult and New Adult Paranormal. When she's not conjuring tales about witches, demons, and other magical beings, she can be found leathered, and bound to the back of her husband's Harley, touring her homeland of Nova Scotia, Canada. 

Enter Lisa's imagination where light ends and fantasy begins. But heed these warnings . . . it's dark, it's magical, you may experience tingles.









Hello Lisa Collicut. Today we get to explore your creative thoughts instead of the other way around. Welcome to Indie-Licious on the flip-side, Lisa!

For my first question, let's get inside the writer's mind for a moment. Where in the world is your favorite place to write and why?

"Some people curl up in their favourite chair with their laptops, or in a tranquil home office, but I can only write in one place – a small room on the second level that used to be my son's play room. I'm sitting in a tan leather chair with a cat-scratched back rest, surrounded by stuff in need of a home, like an old stereo, a book case - the bottom two shelves contain old VHS tapes I can't bear to throw out - a wooden trunk housing hundreds of photographer magazines, and directly beside me, within reach is a doorless linen closet. But when I'm writing, I don’t see any of it. My vision forms a tunnel straight to the monitor, and the words that appear on the blank white Word page . . . and there's nowhere I'd rather be."

I know exactly what you mean, Lisa. Writers tend to get caught up in the moment while writing. You think you've been writing for fifteen minutes and the next thing you know half the day is gone. Instead of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, we should have our own flick named, INVASION OF THE MIND SNATCHERS! Speaking of which...if you could choose any film or television world to live in what would it be?

"This answer changes with time. This first 20 years of my life I would have said Oz and Narnia. Now, hmm, if you said book world, this question would have been a whole lot easier, I would have said: Kryn (Dragon Lance). I'd definitely like to visit Middle Earth and have an extended stay with the Elves."

You are a true fantasy enthusiast! What draws you toward writing fantasy and paranormal? Do you remember the exact moment you decided you wanted to be a writer?

"Yup. The exact moment! February 2/09. I finished reading the first Twilight book, and said to myself, "I can do this." I've always wanted to write, but never thought I could, and other times when I tried, nothing came to me. But, this time, I sat at the computer and wrote a full length novel practically without stopping. Four years later, I'm on my fifth novel (not all published) and have many works in progress. So yup, Twilight was my inspiration."

As a writer of fantasy, what type of character do you identify with the most? In other words, if you could be a superhero, who would you be?

"Hmm, a superhero, huh? After some consideration, I've come up with Thora of Asgard: Thor's betrothed and equal – why not."

Oh yeah, I can picture you now, Lisa. A biker chic weilding a lighting bolt while your hair rustles in the breeze underneath your horned helmet. Very sexy, chica! 

Final question, if you couldn't be a writer, what would you be?

"If I couldn't be a writer (gasp at the thought) and still know what I know now, I'd be a graphic designer. I'd love to design my own book covers, and web pages. I'm very fussy and no one can give you exactly what you want but yourself."

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us, Lisa. It was nice to get to know the writer behind the interview persona!





The Devil's Flower Blurb

Killing isn’t exactly on Rosalie Lockwood’s list of things to do when she runs away from home. But despite her search for peace; guns and motorcycles become her latest fashion accessories as Divine interference leads her to Steele, co-leader of the Fallen Paladins motorcycle club.

Leathered and tattooed, Steele’s presence scares off most people he comes in contact with—but not Rosalie. She’s immediately drawn into the dangers of his biker world—and into his heart.

While Rosalie is busy learning how to shoot a gun and ride a motorcycle, Steele is busy avoiding her and his budding feelings for her. He wants her out of his life and away from the dangers he represents. But when some of the gang turn on her, he has no choice but to tell her his secret.

He and Rosalie are immortal enemies, each with one purpose in life—to kill the other.

Once the truth is revealed, Rosalie must prove to Steele and his brethren that she’s not the killer they fear by saving their souls. But in order to do that, she must become soulless herself.

The Dark and Light Realms collide as Rosalie chooses between life, death, and the ever-after to become that which she is fated to destroy.


I know you're dieing to learn more about Lisa and her writing, so here are the links that will lead you to  Lisa's fictional world!

Blog


Website

Goodreads 

Twitter

Facebook
Posted by Amy Jones On 12:00 AM 1 comment

1 comment:

  1. Fun interview, Lisa! I wouldn't mind shacking up with Thor if I were a fictional character either. Great choice, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Labels