Monday, February 11, 2013


One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would quickly be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So, she rolled down the passenger window of her fabulous (not) company car and tossed out her leather briefcase. Luckily, the pedestrian in the direct line of fire was a dodgeball pro and had über quick reflexes enabling him to avoid getting bashed in the head. Feeling a tad guilty about the near miss, A. M. made a speedy turn down a deserted side street before tossing her crummy, outdated piece-of-you-know-what lap top out the window. She breathed a liberating sigh of relief, picked up her cell phone and hit #4 on her speed dial.


Boss: Hello
A.M.: Boss, is that you?
Boss: Why yes, A. M., who else would be answering my phone?
A.M.: Er... right. Well, I'm calling to let you know you can pick up my luxury Ford Focus at Starbucks near the interstate.
Boss: Why ever would I want to do that?
A.M.: Because I quit!
A.M. hit the end button and speed dialed her husband.



Welcome Indie-Liscious author, A.M. Hargrove. It is a pleasure to have you here on the blog today. I think most readers think of The Guardians of Vesturon series when they hear your name, but you have a few other master pieces on the bookshelf as well. I'd really like to know what makes you tick, on and off pen (or keyboard). 

What do you enjoy doing when not writing?
"You mean there's something other than writing? Hehe! Well, I volunteer in some local organizations where I live. I like outdoor activities as well, although lately it seems I'm writing most of the time. I try not to work full days on the weekends so I can have family time."

 When did you begin writing?
"In 2009, the company I worked for was bought out by a larger one and my job was eliminated. I'd always wanted to write, but never had the time to dedicate to it, so I decided to go for it and do a complete career change. I really started writing in early 2011. I took some time off to figure out if that's what I really wanted to do. Everything seemed to point me in this direction, so I ended up publishing my first book, Survival, in late November 2011 and my second one, Resurrection, in early January 2012."  

If you could be any paranormal character or have a supernatural talent what would it be and why?
"In my book, Dark Waltz, which is in the adult genre, (it's really a blend of paranormal and sci-fi), the main character is a Praestani, and he's super powerful. One of his supernatural abilities is he is able to shift into energy and move anywhere in the universe. I would love to have that power. I think it would be so awesome to think about being somewhere and then suddenly, you're there. No waiting on planes, traffic, what have you."  

Whoa, that would be cool and just think about it, you would never have to be late for anything! Oh, wait, that's me, sorry. So...

What book are you currently reading, just finished reading or going to read next?
"I just finished Wallbanger by Alice Clayton and I'm getting ready to read (when it's released!) How it Rolls by Lila Felix." 

Excellent choices AND Lila Felix is another Indie-Licious author, yay!

What other projects are you working on or having coming out next? 
"My next release is an adult contemporary romance called Shattered Edge...it's part of my Edge series. It will be released on Valentine's Day. I'm also working on reEMERGENT, Book 4 of the Guardians of Vesturon. It's my YA/NA series and I'm hoping to have it out by the end of March. I'm also writing Death Waltz, the sequel to Dark Waltz. As you can see, I have several WIP's. I just picked out the cover art for the 3rd Edge book as well, which I haven't named yet, but I'm getting close."

Holy smokes, chica, you've been hard at work!  Okay folks, you heard it, book two of the Edge series is only days away. 

ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!! *clears throat* SHATTERED EDGE WILL BE RELEASED ON VALENTINE'S DAY! YES, I AM YELLING AT YOU BECAUSE THIS IS MAJOR, EARTH "SHATTERING" NEWS!

Maybe A.M. will be kind enough to post the links in comments to this post when they are up. Make sure beg, ech hem, I mean, ask nicely in the comment section below.



Here is the synopsis for Edge of Disaster, the book that precedes A.M.'s Valentine's Day release, Shattered Edge.

Alexia Hammond, broken and destroyed by a tragedy she can’t seem to recover from, is on a downward spiral toward destruction. A life of partying, alcohol, drugs and men has brought her near the edge of disaster. That is until one night while at work as a waitress in an upscale restaurant, she falls under the spell of one of her customers, Pearce Middleton. Once she gazes into his smoky gray eyes, her life takes on new meaning. But can she put her past behind her and allow herself to fall for the exciting and gorgeous Pearce, or will her lewd behavior come back to haunt her and ruin her chances of happiness forever?

Connect with A.M. Hargrove:
Facebook
Twitter
Blog
Goodreads


Where Edge of Disaster can be purchased:
Amazon Kindle and Paperback
Barnes and Noble Nook and Paperback
Posted by Amy Jones On 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Labels